Psalm of Confidence!
Three Voices Speak in Succession:
- An individual proclaiming his trust in God
- An audience then speaks to that individual, and describes God’s protection and care..
- God speaking about the faithful person; He promises to protect him..
First, it examines the idea of living in God. Its personalized. The first person perspective “I” does not return until v.9 and 91:14-16. These two verses use four different names for God.
- The one who lives under the protection of the Most High dwells in the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say to the LORD,
My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
- He Himself will deliver me from the hunter’s net, from the destructive plague.
- He will cover me with His feathers; I will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield.
- I will not fear the terror of the night, the arrow that flies by day,
- the plague that stalks in darkness, or the pestilence that ravages at noon.
- Though a thousand fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand, the pestilence will not reach me.
- I will only see it with my eyes and witness the punishment of the wicked.
- Because I have made the LORD – my refuge, the Most High – my dwelling place,
- no harm will come to me; no plague will come near my tent.
- For He will give His angels orders concerning me, to protect me in all my ways.
- They will support me with their hands so that I will not strike my foot against a stone.
- I will tread on the lion and the cobra; I will trample the young lion and the serpent.
- Because I’m lovingly devoted to Him, He will deliver me; He will exalt me because I know His name.
- When I call out To Him, He will answer me; He will be with me in trouble. He will rescue me and give me honor.
- He will satisfy me with a long life and show me His salvation.
Amen! Amen! Amen!
- is called the Soldiers’ Psalm (uphans7.wordpress.com)
- Thankfulness Psalm 107 Dwelling on the Sublime (klandryblog.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 91 (onethingonechapter.wordpress.com)